Office Allsorts range of desks has something for everyone. Whether you’re buying for business or for the home office we have office desks to suit all budgets and tastes.
If you are looking to purchase in bulk then please call us on 0115 9455833 to discuss the volume discounts available.
Office Desks Category Guide
An Office Desk is probably the most important piece of furniture you need to include in your office and in the area of desking, ‘size matters’. It needs to be big enough to encourage productivity and a comfortable working environment but not be too big that travel around and behind is impeded so measure the available space carefully, not forgetting to include space for your chair and storage cabinets.
We have desks available in a wide variety of styles and finishes so here’s some information to help you with your choice.
Office Desk Shapes
- Rectangular- A traditional rectangular desk in a variety of width sizes. Heights are standardised at around 725mm. They are available in a variety of wood finishes and white.
- Wave - Wave desks have a wave or curved shape to the top of the desk where the user sits. This gives a slightly larger corner to the desktop than a rectangular desk. These are available in Left Hand or Right Hand versions.
- Radial - Sometimes referred to as a keyhole desk or ergonomic desk, these have a concave edge to the desk top where the user sits. This style gives more room on the desk and allows users to site the PC monitor in a corner of the desk yet still sit squarely to the desk and monitor. These are available in Left Hand or Right Hand versions. If you’re right handed you need a Right Hand desk and vice versa.
- Panel End - Desks are supported on panels at each side of the desk and most come with a modesty panel at the front of the desk.
- Cantilever - These have ‘C’ shaped metal legs supporting the desk at each side allowing greater room for user movement.
- Straight Legged - Desks are supported on straight legs at each corner, only found on rectangular desks.
- Cable Access Ports - These are holes in the top of desks to allow PC and power cables onto the desktop from underneath, avoiding having cables trailing over the sides of the desk.
- Cable Management - Some desks come with cable management trays allowing cables to be run in discreet trays underneath the desk or inside cantilever leg panels to avoid unsightly cables cluttering up the work area.
- Monitor Risers - we have monitor risers available in a variety of finishes allowing you to match the riser with your desk top finish.